Monday, January 31, 2011

Been Busy Lately?

OK. So you know we have all been sick. I am still sick, but Mary Ruth from Cotter's Country Cottage where I keep all the 'Crap I've Made' called me and said she was out of Steeler's Headbands and I needed to whip up a few, so for all you Steeler's fans....






Here are the headbands I whipped up. One of my daughter's so kindly modeled two of them for me. She picked out her favorites; they had to have bows, of course!


Valentine's day is just around the corner, so I had to do a few of those, too!





Here are the sewing projects I've been working on. Everyone asks me how I get so much done when I homeschool 4 kids. Well, truth be told. It is in stolen moments. 15 minutes here, 5 minutes there. I think about it all the time, though. That is the key. I know exactly what I want to do and then I go do it. I rarely spend any time in the sewing room thinking about what I want to do. I just go in there and do what I have been thinking about all day and night long.

That's where this quilt is coming from:






I also try to follow designers and patterns that they make that I like. I love Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. I LOVE her Lily and Will fabric and now have a nice stash of it. I made this from it. She has such CLASSIC CUTE SWEET designs for babies:




So........I tried to make the lap top cover from a tute from www.crapivemade.blogspot.com and it turned out....well, it became this after I cut it all apart and put in a different zipper



I did eventually get it right with a few tweeks and putting the zipper on the long end like a sleeve. I wanted to make it eye catching so when my husband steals my computer from me to take the girls to the middle school pool for their swim team practice, everyone notices! :0)





Last weekend while my husband was down and out for 3 days with this bug (BTW - I have it, but am not allowed to be down and out for 3 days) I went to Office Depot with all 4 kiddos (during the Steeler's game because I knew lots of shops would be having great deals then -- which also tells you where I am going to be during the Superbowl because I really don't care about or like football - which means because I said that that I am probably going to move from Pittsburgh immediately) and bought 3 chairs. Here is the new one for my sewing room:




Yes! Finally. I should have done that 3 years ago. Leather, adjustable height and only $44.95! Yep! Only $44.95. I bought 2. One for the girls desk in their bedroom which has had a folding chair for 8 years. I also about a highbacked leather chair for the office for over 50% off, too! I did have to put them together which was easy, but time consuming. Where are you going to be during the Superbowl??? I am going to be shopping!

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment